Monday, November 4, 2013

Sticky Situation: Flat Stanley


For my sitcky istuation, I choose to do Flat Stanley.  At first, all the ideas I was coming up with were more of the literal sense of a sticky situation. I thought of things like gum, glue, honey, etc. I was having a hard time trying to come up with an idea that wasn't as literal. I started mindlessly doodling a person and somehow I remembered a book called Flat Stanley that I had read when I was in elementary school. And just like that I had my sticky situation. Flat Stanley is a book about a young who gets flattened overnight and spends his whole day in that condition. Obviously I had reptition with the flat boy throughtout the painting but I also had the colors of their shirts repeating. Mr. Sands told me that I should have them bleeding off the canvas and that was my orginial idea but I was already behind on the project and didn't have the chance.I had to check the time when using acrylic paint because it's pretty much impossible to recreate a color and I really wanted the color to be part of the repetition. I think this painting turned out ok but I wasn't really convinced with the background color.

No comments:

Post a Comment