Friday, December 7, 2012

Game Drawing in Perspective Critique

I didn't really like this project because it was hard to draw all the characters in perspective. It was really hard to draw the game pieces so they'd look like they were standing up. I think only of the game pieces turned out successful. When we practiced perspective, your horizon line and vanishing points were there to help guide you, but in this they weren't which made it difficult. I also didn't know what vanishing point each different piece went to so I just kind of winged it. I did like using the watercolors and colored pencils to finish off the drawing because I think it brought it to life, it looked more realistic. Doing the washes of the watercolor was pretty easy, but sometimes I it was too dark and looked out of place. It was hard blending the color pencils to get the right values and highlights in each object, but I think it looks pretty good. By the time I got to the shadows, I was really just over this project and I just put down some black blob instead. I think the hardest part of this project was to overlap the playing cards. I was really confused on how to make it look like a stack of cards, but I think I did a good job at them. If I could do this project over again, I'd probably change my picture to be more upclose to one section of the game instead of like three-fourths of it. I think I could have done better, but it was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment